The Small Claims Court handles legal disputes with a maximum monetary jurisdiction of $35,000.00. The Court handles all civil litigation disputes that are not addressed by an Administrative Tribunal.

The Ontario Small Claims Court

what we do

The Small Claims Court handles disputes arising out of:

Money owing

Recovery of items, or the replacement cost of the item

If you were hurt due to negligence of another party

practice areas

Let J.A.B. Legal Services assist your business in taking necessary steps to reduce and take steps to collect your unpaid accounts receivables; the firm has helped many businesses throughout the year successfully use the Small Claims Court in collecting their unpaid receivables using the Small Claims Court.

Accounts Receivables

Have you loaned money to someone? Are they ignoring your requests to be paid back? J.A.B. Legal Services can help you take the necessary steps in getting your money back.

unpaid loans

Are you a mechanic that has worked on a vehicle or stored a vehicle and your customer is refusing to pay your bill? Or are you disputing your mechanic’s invoice and they are refusing to release your vehicle? J.A.B. Legal Services can assist you in Small Claims Court with your concerns under the Repair and Storage Lien Act.

repair and storage lien act

Have you entered into a contract that hasn’t been satisfied? Were you unable to complete a contract for no fault of your own and are now being sued for it? Do you have to sue someone for not completing their obligations under a contract, such as doing work or paying for work completed? Let J.A.B. Legal Services help you with enforcing, collecting damages or defending a contract dispute.

contract disputes

Have you or your business been affected negatively as a result of someone else defaming you in writing or verbally, which is damaging you or your business’ reputation? Let J.A.B. Legal Services assist you in getting compensated for the damage caused to your reputation.

libel and defamation

Are you a general contractor and your subcontractor didn’t complete their contracted duties? A sub-trade or subcontractor that hasn’t been paid by the contracting party? Not getting paid for the completed work? Being sued or need to sue in Small Claims Court?


Has someone offered to purchase your home or real estate property but were unable to complete the transaction at closing?  Have you tried to purchase a property, but the seller could not close the transaction? Did you incur unnecessary costs in attempting salvage the deal or trying to resell the property? Call J.A.B. Legal Services to assist you in recuperating your damages.

real estate breached contracts

Did you hire a contractor to do some work in your home, but they didn’t complete the work that they were supposed to? Was the work left incomplete? Did you complete work for your client and they are refusing to pay? Let J.A.B. Legal Services help you in Small Claims Court over your contractor dispute.

contractor/construction disputes

our services

Contact us today to get your FREE 30-minute telephone consultation.

get in touch

The Landlord and Tenant Board has jurisdiction to deal with most residential tenancy agreements.  At J.A.B. Legal Services, we help landlords evict tenants for non-payment of Rent; assist evict tenants that are creating issues on the property either through property damage or creating issues with other tenants or the landlord.  As a landlord, do you need to take possession of the Rental Unit for personal use, we can help with that. At J.A.B. Legal Services, we also assist tenants who are having difficulty with their landlords that do not maintain rental units or the rental property.

Landlord and Tenant Board

Residential, Commercial, Industrial and Farmland is assessed by the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation in Ontario for the purposes of attributing municipal tax valuations; sometimes, the price of the property is assessed incorrectly resulting in incorrect property taxes. Let J.A.B. Legal Services negotiate with MPAC to reduce your property valuation amount.  If negotiations from a reconsideration request are not fruitful, J.A.B. Legal Services can represent you in appealing the MPAC valuation to the Assessment Review Board. Contact us to assist you in reducing your tax liability.  

Property tax assessment

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Board, also referred to as the CICB provides financial compensation to victims of serious crime. The CICB provides assistance to victims of violent crimes. Various crimes are considered by the CICB for financial compensation, including; poisoning, arson, and criminal negligence. The Board hears applications in writing but may require that an in-person hearing be conducted if further questions and concerns need to be addressed.

the criminal injuries compensation board

Have you been discriminated at your workplace, services or in housing?  We assist individuals navigate through the Human Rights Tribunal and assert their rights or respond to applications that are brought against them or their companies.

ontario human rights tribunal

our other practice areas

Learn more about The Ontario Small Claims Court

learn more

J.A.B. Legal Services is located at Yonge and Sheppard in Toronto, Ontario.  The firm is well situated to assist clients in Toronto, Oshawa, Ajax, Pickering, Clarington, Newmarket, Aurora, Stouffville, Richmond Hill, Maple, Concord, Brampton, Mississauga, Oakville, Milton, Burlington,